DOSE: 18g coffee / 300ml of water @ 96c
BREW TIME: 2.45 minutes
- Grind 18 grams of your coffee medium to coarse.
- Boil your water (filtered if possible). Ideal temperature for first pour will be 95 degrees.
- Fold you paper filter along the edge
- Insert filter in the v60 and pre wet using 150 grams of hot water. *remember to pour this out before you start to brew.
- Add 18 grams of coffee to the centre of the v60 and tap with hand to create an even bed.
- When pouring water try to pour in a continuous motion from the centre in circles towards the edge of the coffee bed and then back to the centre again.
- Pour 50 mls of water and let bloom for 30 seconds. *This is where the C02 escapes from the coffee.
- At 30 seconds add another 50 mls of water using the same pouring technique.
- At 50 seconds add the rest of your water (this should be another 200 mls), and the pour should be a slow one lasting 30 seconds. This should take your time from the first pour to 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- Wait until all the coffee has exited from the v60 to your serving jug. Swirl, pour and Imbibe!